Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Moments of Philosophy

Yes the moon is ... and I must be feeling philosophical...and I am. But what a surprise! These ideas I found in a book I have known about but never thought that I would read..."A Royal Duty" by the Late Lady Di's personal Butler, Paul Burrell. I couldn't put it down. Perhaps I could relate to it...the rejection by people, friends and family...it was constant! But Lady Di searched and found some very helpful thoughts to assist her in her daily battle to survive this nastiness.
Page 240
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are. How true is that?
The self must know stillness before it can discover its true song. Yes, stop chasing your tail. Learn to like your own company.
Success is the result of good judgement. Good judgement is the result of experience. Experience is the result of bad judgement.Yes and no.
Use problems as opportunities to change our lives. Definitely!
Problems call forth our courage and wisdom. Possibly!
Learn to adapt yourself to the demands of such a creative time. True, don't be afraid of success.
From a correct relationship to yourself comes a right relationship to all others and to the divine. Perhaps that should read, to the Spiritual.
 So, digest!

No comments:

Post a Comment