Sunday, August 24, 2014

A journey through the thousands of....yes! Photographs!!

No, my journey has really been one I should have undertaken years ago. I almost followed the advice a friendly pilot and photographer mentioned once on our flight through Africa...yes he actually deleted all photographs he had ever taken so that he could begin again. We couldn't believe him! And he'd been a pilot for years operating his own company for years and years in a mixed political environment never taking off unless his Cessna 210  propeller had clicked a certain number of times in the right direction on turning. There was no reason to disbelieve him then and we shared his reasoning at the time...there would be many more opportunities to take more photos. But how were we to know that he would die before us, 12 months ago to be exact. A brain tumour claimed his life...he had always refuelled his own plane...standing beside the killer fumes.
So, I reluctantly deleted those photographs I thought I would never want. My choice in photographs for competitions had to improve...somehow! A non-acceptance in the National Show said it all. And it wasn't a soft landing. I was used to having 7 or so acceptances. But should I let this disappointment...this subjective assessment of my photography be the be all and end all?
At first...YES! But then...a few weeks later...a definite NO! And these images I found hidden away...I wondered how Graffity
had changed over the years or is it simply that some communities prefer outdoor art galleries. These I discovered in Tasmania. And guess where? In Launceston in a skate board park. The outdoor Art gallery I discovered elsewhere...see my next Blog.  

1 comment:

  1. These photos are great! So good to have YOU doing the hard travel yards and ME sitting back doing the journey from here,

    ReplyDelete