Sunday, August 24, 2014

To all big eaters...from Galapagos, Equador or not.

An article of only 8 lines caught my eye this morning in the West Australian. No it wasn't about the budget nor was it about the refugees. 'Galapagos' was the word of attraction. But the news made me sad.
Pepe the Missionary, a symbol of Equador's Galapagos Islands, a Giant Turtle of massive proportions and of at least 100 years has finally died of old age...no not so...apparently from being overweight. I immediately reached for my photographs taken during our visit to Galapagos. perhaps I could show how Pepe looked at almost 100 years.

 Was this Pepe having breakfast? It is possible. He does look old enough and seems to like his food.
What about this fellow? Then again, they all love to eat and who doesn't?
If they didn't how would Turtle Kindy keep going?

No comments:

Post a Comment