Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Not far to go this time!

Yes but the temperature outside was much cooler than usual. And people still ask me why do you live in Ascot Waters? Why? See for yourself I think. Why on earth not? No I am not a dog owner...not anymore...am much too busy to have to worry about a dog. But I need to take my camera and lenses for a walk. Sometimes before it is too late. I am forgetting all about using my several lenses when possible. I am stuck on my favourite and this has made me very lazy...I don't like changing lenses. And nor do I like using a tripod! But...but...we are going on a Landscape tour of Karijini National Park...One of Australia's last frontiers. Or so Tom Putt...Master of photography...describes it. So...all my best efforts have to be seen by him considering the last time we saw him was Tasmania...and I was only a beginner photographer. Oh my? What to do? I'll have to use a tripod...I know I will.
So off I went and changed lenses a few times but no...I didn't use a tripod!
The first image below was with my favourite lens 24 to 105mm...now why would I want to change that? But...





 I jumped at this chance to use my shorter lens 16-35mm but,as you can see,came back to my usual lens 24 to 105mm.



But I do like the photos of a close up Stresleckia...right? Not sure of the spelling.
 On! On! to the bird life and using  the lens that has been unused for years...the 70 to 300mm. This lens had been too heavy for me to keep still or so I thought...when using it with the 40D and 50D Cameras. But now that I have bought myself a 6D ...much lighter...I seem to be able to manage it...without a tripod I might add!

 The top image with the pelican was against the light hence a picture so dark. Why stand there and dry your wings...the pelican seems to be saying and off he goes!I was intending to use it as a black and white image but...

Next came the ducks followed by the black swans and I must say I am quite pleased with the photos.
Of course I didn't bother to change back to my usual lens and moved along to the other end of the river hoping to find a few more challenges. And I did. No light in this gum tree and no I wasn't at Kings Park...

Then it was synchronised ducking further up the river but my 70-300mm lens didn't let me down.




No comments:

Post a Comment