Monday, March 21, 2016

Still at Ascot Waters...6am!

Yes thought I'd practise with my tripod and 16-35mm lens before we go on the photographic tour at Karinji national Park in northern WA.
What I have forgotten since taking photography seriously is just astounding. I couldn't even secure my camera onto the tripod whilst fighting off mosquitos and sniffing dogs and their owners. I thought I was early...before sunrise...and I was but so were the sunrise mossies and the dog owners.
Anyway I think I have learnt a fair bit but don't think my 16-35 lens is much use if I want to include just about everything...and that is the problem...with me not the lens...I need to focus my mind more and keep it simple (KIS) as the books tell me.
Look at these photos and you make up your mind! The cut down ones I have cropped on lightroom...and I think it has improved them...don't you?







 They look a bit dark but I am amazed at how much cutting out the greenery (on the side)


improves the picture. Of course if the clouds are interesting and changing colour then they are worth including. Don't forget to click on the image to enlarge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment