Monday, June 27, 2016

More of The Gorges of Karijini in WA

No one can say we weren't prepared. We had spent most of the morning dressing up. Look closely you can't get more prepared than this. And were we shaking in our boots? Of course some of us were. I hope using these photos or this one in particular won't get me into trouble.


Our two younger...much younger guides...decided after looking us over...that we were much too inexperienced (()LD?)  to allow us to go any further. After all people rescuing others have died in the process.
Died in the process? And the rescued lived? Hmmn! Just for a photo? No! I for one was happy to just sit and eat my lunch. I could never forgive myself if someone came to rescue me and as a consequence gave up his/her life. After all we did look the part...but maybe we were better off upstairs...you know...where the air was refreshing and the sky clear.
But before we left and to explain the photograph...
the dark blue was the water flowing...down to the bright yellow pool of water and further to another
pool...both of which we had to be able to swim through...or should I say wade through.
Our glorious leader...Tom Putt Master Photographer et all set up this shot whilst holding onto his
tripod... the only time I might add when it was acceptable to hold onto a tripod.

 So life above was ours. While our knees recovered. This is surely a time one should only participate in the climbing when young and fit.






But the experience was well worthwhile. It is a heaven of never-ending photo shoots.



1 comment: