Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Stella Prize 2013

So who was Stella Maria Sarah Miles Franklin? Simple! She was one of the greatest women writers of Australia. And now, someone in Melbourne has decided to name a competition after her...a writing competition for women only! Fantastic and at last women have been asked to submit books recently published (this year 2012). The results will become known in March 2013.
And...I have just re-read my memoir, KIN DEEP and the Inability to Mourn, and also my novel, Baggage, both of which I have entered in the competition. I stayed objective, not an easy thing to do, reading from a point of view that may have been in the minds of the critics. But I came away very thankful that I have spent the time to write both and most importantly have taken the time to send in my entries. I am assuming that both books have been received. Now all I have to do is wait...is that all? Yes, that is the hardest part of the whole deal. But I am confident! Both read really well and never stop holding the reader's interest. So keep your fingers crossed with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment