Thursday, December 12, 2013

Guayaquil...Equador !

Where? Where? I can hear you saying but, it is more than a pretty place with its massive gardens, open squares and beautiful architecture not to mention its mighty river. The power of the current as one stands mesmorised is quite frightening and makes one thankful of not being on the water on one of the many sailboats. Well, I was anyway, seeing I am one of the sea-sick sufferers from way back.
This city is the doorway to those willing to fly to Galapagos and this we did. But to my surprise we now have a young family from this city living in Ascot Waters. And it is for them that I was motivated to show some of the photos I managed to snap on our visit there.


Many figures representing the freedom fighters and strugglers for democracy are found all around the open spaces. My fascination for the history of this city saw me, like all intense photographers, miss an obvious step, thus sending me flying onto my face. Luckily my Canon D40 had been strapped around my neck....so I dusted myself off and looked sheepishly at the rest of the photographic tour group as if nothing had happened.






 The train was for the littllies outside MacDonalds but the walk by the river and through a number of parks (rain forrest) kept us shooting as we toured. 'Stacks on the mill' we found near our hotel and the tree Iguana also littered the pathways. A splattering of black liquid excrement almost had me convinced that we were due for a summer rain shower but no, as I traced the muck through my hair I looked up to find many, many of these creatures balancing on the tree branches and happily looking down at me.



  Nice animals really and not at all aggressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment