Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Horrible Heart Stopping start to the day!

Have you ever lost all your photos from the computer all at once? Of course they are backed up on the hard drive (external) but who wants to go to all that trouble to re-install and to admit to your computer expert partner that you have messed up?
And last night, I recall, proudly discussing the great photos I have discovered in my older files all ready for next year's competitions. But that was at the last meeting for the year when the best of 2013 were chosen. I did manage to get one mention so, better than nothing.
 But, to return to my lost Lightroom collection...yes, it has never ever happened before so how could it have happened over night? Disaster usually strikes during the early hours of the morning...low blood pressure...darkness looming everywhere...the long day ahead threatening any possibility of further sleep...the bedside clock, its numbers dropping or should I say increasing every time your head is turned..... so how did the file Devil sneak in and do his/her work?
I don't know,  but the shock was enough to make me break out in a sweat and I hadn't even arrived at the doctor's rooms yet to have my stitches removed. I imagined the good doctor his nose in my breast snipping and staring at his good work of a week past and deciding to give me the good news to make me feel better about it all. How was he to know that anything he thought vaguely represented Good News would not cheer me up? Instead I vaguely smiled to encourage him in his good work and thought of WA...no not Western Australia....but the other what we all know stands for WA in WA.....Wait Awhile!!   The doctor commented...I know what you mean. I have found it so in all the restaurants I've been to....I wasn't listening!


I felt a light bulb moment which reminded me to hurry home and look in my recycle folder...yes, restore...do not delete...how clever I am!!!!
And this pussy cat caught my eye in the missing collection and in Turkey. And what a scarred life it had led! I am not actually a cat lover but how could anyone resist adding this face of concentration to the files...plotting and planning!
In direct contrast to the sly looks given as we inspected the home of Mother Mary...mother of god!
He obviously liked the challenges provided by the cameras surrounding him.


And so, the photos of these two Turks with their wandering eyes, were almost lost when the file monster came in the dead of night and decided
that they were too handsome to be ignored....but I rescued them and all ended happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment