Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The week that was! A mother's disgrace!

No not my mother's...Rupert's. And he owns 70percent of the news sources in Australia...so the power of what? Change Governments? You bet! And, at the least, influence politicians, law makers and the gullible Australian voter. The process is called corruption and it appears it is endemic.
As I wrote in my Amazon review of the book 'Breaking News:Sex, Lies and the Murdoch Succession' by Paul Barry I wondered and still do wonder....how does a controller, a narcissist of companies be unaware of the activities of his staff? Why do we think of these people as entrepreneurs and not as social deviates?
Unfortunately his 'innocence' and the 'innocence'of his chiefs have been taken off the front page and replaced by another ex-Australian misfit Rolf Harris. In this case I feel for his diminutive and shuffling wife as well as his victims.
But what can be done to remove all trace of Rupert and his slippery fingers in our backward little country? We know how to wipe away all signs of Rolf's physical presence. But what of the emotional scars left behind Down Under? Yes I am one to have had my ideals destroyed by the activities of these misfits. Rolf swam just under the bridge I cross daily causing me to think of him. And I find that one of my school friends was a journalist and a board member of the idealised Mr Murdoch. But did he abuse the trust of his public? just to keep his job? Would he? I have my ideas but .....I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment