Friday, September 26, 2014

Happy Long Weekend!

Question one: how did we end up at home when everyone else with any sense goes away? Oh yes...gotta watch the Aussie Rules game of the year! But to do that one needs power doesn't one?
Of course so who was to know that just on that day or to be specific the night before and that day...all power to our house disappeared. AND it was raining cats and dogs so how do you entice the emergency crew to come and have a look. But look they did...the day of the footie...the morn of the footie and even while the footie match was being televised. How do I know? Because we had to try the manual escape of the garage door to buy a cup of coffee and  couldn't access our front door on our return. So what's the problem?


 The power is on isn't?  Yes! But.....ah just a little one! I've spent years growing my hedges And cutting them to an architectual look. So? Well this is the second weekend the look has been massacred. Last weekend it was a burst water main! Boo Hoo! no I didn't take any photos...I must have known! At least we weren't trapped and we learned how to manually open the garage...at least!
What else can fail in a house only 16 years old? I think I should have stayed in my 40+ year-old house!

No comments:

Post a Comment