Saturday, September 27, 2014

So forget the real world! let's try the world below!

Yes to continue my travel itch....and my underwater experience. when someone suggested I go snorkling in Galapagos of course I said yes. I could vaguely remember my last severe fright doing just that...a beautiful day...blue skies clear waters...just like Galapagos but one difference we were in Perth waters. Everyone snorkels here I told myself. So in I went a little bit unused to the waves throwing me around and just about relaxing when I saw it!! Something waving around underwater...black and grey...I didn't wait to find out and shot up to the surface. A good samaritan took himself where I'd been and came back laughing. You idiot!! It was an army great coat someone had left behind. Yes but the arms were waving about like...like...oh never mind.
So this time an eager photographer handed me his underwater camera...me? moi? underwater photographs? BUT? No buts about it. GO!
And so I did. No army great coats this time. Instead....solitary peace...clear waters...no waves...just the fish and only what nature had to offer. Or so I thought.




One way traffic at times but even the terror when fish swam their darndest to escape me didn't faze me. I was concentrating on my

camera settings. After all just floating about in these beautiful and fascinating surroundings was very relaxing. We had explored the lava tunnel and the many lava islands. But I should have known. Never let your guard down...don't be too confident! Then it happened! What was I to do?
 I kicked my flippers so hard that I flew out of the water head first straight into the arms of a human fish! But this one was smiling! don't forget to click on the photos to enlarge them,

No comments:

Post a Comment