Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Trick of Fame!

Yes that is the book's title written by Samuel Merrill. And he asked me to read it and write a review. At first I thought this would be a 'blokey' book...you know all guns, corruption and violence. But no ...wrong again! Here is a writer who actually understands what makes people tick. He not only values relationships between family and friends but cherishes his loyalty to his own country.
His main character has this loaded personality which in my books keeps me interested because we don't want anything toward to happen to this really nice bloke...or to his longstanding mates, even if their life path.had been quite different. Needless to say the story was packed with history, the Vietnam War, conscription, pro war and anti-war nationalism and the perennial underlying theme often attributed to the USA. Anyone can make it in America!! Actually Australia is now looking a bit like that to many refugees.
Anyway I wish him luck! His first book available on Amazon and who knows where else.
I've now reviewed 51 books for Amazon and 28 have helped readers chose their next book. Not bad going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment