Saturday, June 7, 2014

Miracles do happen!

And I'm not talking about last night's thrashing of  'Les Bleus' by the Wallabies or the beating on the bell of England by the Kiwis. although both were to be expected. But no, this surprise came closer to home.
I had decided to listen to the knowledgeable doctors who had been nagging me for some time now for my lack of exercise. So on went my sports outfit...the one with the back pocket...I could fit my IPod there nicely...connect my ear phones...and...ready to go on my long walk. But a call of nature seemed urgent...just before I started off...so rush rush...and whoosh! I watched my Ipod disappear into the deep waters of the toilet...yes, before I had left any deposit I might add.
So now what? A scream left me while on reaching the music machine I rescued it and could have been observed jumping around the toilet waving the Ipod desperately around the room, my nickers level with my ankles...slight drops of water flying here and there. Oh so that's what Abbott meant when he said...'Sh.t happens.'
So to share the long short story with you and save you a trip to the IGA Belvedere Belmont where I was asked ' have you had a nice day Dear?' I let this kind lady know the truth. And within a second she had shared her vast experience of reading magazines 'Oh no love you don't put it in the oven...you've got a battery there...in the Ipod I mean...you put it in a dish covered with raw rice...leave it for 24 hours...and then...let me know if it works.'
And guess what? It does!!! So the shopper at IGA Belvedere gets much more than the regular bargains advertised!! A bit of truth can go a long way.

1 comment:

  1. TWO close connections (one a daughter in law) dropped iPhone in dunny. DIL did it at IKEA a and had to rush back to find it. In both cases the rice trick did not work. Son had the embarrassment of taking phone to Apple with an innocent expression to ask why phone did not work. Quizzical expression followed when staffer found rice traces...

    ReplyDelete