Tuesday, May 22, 2012

False Alarm!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch! You wouldn't believe it but my publisher sent me an e-mail to say that my mockup book had been sent last Wednesday hence the excitement. But guess what? It had all been a mistake...an automatic e-mail which shouldn't have been sent to me. Ho Hum! And here I was sitting at home each day so I wouldn't miss the big delivery. So now a week later I am expecting both books to be delivered tomorrow.  Watch this space! The workers at the other end have assured me that it takes only one day for books to be delivered to Perth...I can't wait to see that! But I will print the book's cover for you at least so when it hits the market you will know what it looks like. No I won't...it won't upload it because it is not a jpeg or image of any kind. I wish I knew a bit more about computers.
Anyway I have had time to do lots of reading ie. "Visitation" written by Jenny Erpenbeck and translated into the English by Susan Bernofsky. Oh the light pops up I'll see if she will translate my memoir into German for me seeing the characters are all German and originate from Prussia and Munich. But Get real Connie I took a grip! Susan Bernofsky is a top translator living in New York and very very qualified...why would she bother with me? She wouldn't so I will have to do my own search for a translator. At least I had the opportunity to read her blogs and which put me onto a number of interesting books..."Berlin Stories" again her translation of Robert Walser, the late Swiss Author as well as "The Walk".  And another writer, Uljiana Wolff " False Friends", Ugly Duckling Press, also translated by Susan Bernofsky. Susan has actually translated for Gunther Grass and won an award...now that is saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment