Friday, May 4, 2012

Hurray

It might be raining outside and thunder forcing the clouds to scatter but it is not Friday the thirteenth. In fact it is May the 4th and despite what the top of the page tells you, the date I mention is the date of someone living in Western Australia. So I can speak with confidence when I write that today has been one of the best days so far in my journey of book publishing. I have received and agreed to the cover design of my novel, "Baggage"...a brilliant piece of work created by the graphic designer of Bookpal, my publishing company. In my excitement I forgot to thank the person responsible...I notice now that he has left his own little mark, a small hand, in the title on the back of the book. This I don't mind at all as I think it adds to the mystique of the book's image. The whole thing is in red and black with a white background. Cool, wouldn't you say? I wonder how long before we can all see it? As I just heard Steve Job say on a show about his success...stay hungry and stay foolish! I think I qualify for both as I am self publishing and want to win a 'Free' Website to help people get in touch with my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment