Monday, April 30, 2012

nothing and truth

Having lived many years I can assure you there is nothing like peace and stability. Nothing that is alive, is also stable.Greg Sheridan has reminded me that only the balance of opposing forces, in that amazing moment (not happening often at my place) can be described as stable otherwise, it is organised chaos (my interpretation). He also connected with G.K.Chesterton, a writer I have read, with the description of 'Truth' implying that this characteristic is also a concept which could be seen to be capable of swaying in the wind. Having just been called 'a liar' yet remaining convinced that what I recounted to have been the truth, as I saw it, I am interested in that "new" concept; "new" to me, that is, having lived a life commited to speaking the truth. This thinking brings me to the idea of the "Big Bang" having started from "nothing" and ending in something ie. our universe. A recently published book written by a physicist (whose name escapes me) explains simply that the term "nothing" is just that but has no actual meaning in the sense of creation. There "nothing" is actually a melting pot of many "somethings" of various energies but which cannot be shown or measured. ? Did I say measured? This may be wrong. But, if the melting pot of these somethings is totally emptied then the "vacuum" left behind actually has weight . This cannot be explained by Physicists but they are working on it. Does this make sense? Maybe not, but it is worth thinking about while I'm waiting for my books to be published. Then there is the concept of time...is it all in our minds? Or the idea that all animals (us included) originated from plants ie. look at the stromatalites (available in the north of WA) are these the first animals and plants at the same time? Fascinating, to me that is. I must get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment