Sunday, April 22, 2012

morning after

Exhausted is the word and, no, it wasn't the alcohol. A long weekend of nights at midnight to bed and active sociability, straining to concentrate on the information shared, is exhausting. The weekend was a fantastic experience and WAPF & NEPC can feel proud...it was the best weekend..organisation top class and interests galore. The promos kept to a minimum it became a joy to visit their stalls at the back of the room. I came away with a new KATA backpack and am astounded at the opportunies, zippered and flapped etc. to be able to store my various lenses and cameras. I have some memorable pictures of the various dance groups, the band members and simulations of mediaeval fighting etc. Oh, and Dale Neall, I loved your presentation on portrait photography...a great eye opener...not to mention Richard I'Anson...a charming Travel Photographer...we'll forgive him for being a Mebournian...in fact we have something in common there I also reached Melbourne in the fifties but I didn't stay...saw the light one might say and ended up in Sydney...as Richard is about to do. And reminiscing along those lines I am not forgetting Gary Sarre and his extensive photography experience anyone can enjoy in Subiaco in his plus surroundings. But not many would be able or be too keen to join Patrick Baker the award winning Marine Archeology Photographer...thanks Patrick your talk was fascinating.
And my Novel? Well I have another week's wait before I can do any more....this is the slowest process this publishing business I could ever have imagined. And, they now want me to introduce friends and foe so that I can earn myself $500.00 dollars or if I let them publish my next book, the one waiting in the stalls, they will let me have $3000.00 of global publishing for free. What amazing positive thinkers there are in that organisation. BUT.....

No comments:

Post a Comment