Friday, April 6, 2012

It is not the destination but the journey that matters

Could whoever said this be regarded as a Sage? Sometimes I don't think so. But seeing I am rapidly running out of years on this good planet I decided to try and self-publish. You might think , oh the poor thing, she's doing it on her own. No. no. no. She has thrown good money at a publishing company to do it for her.
But why, you may ask? Because I am an impatient author...I want to see action...and now not later! I don't have the time to play the publisher lottery which takes months if not years to find some literary publisher to like my book. So what the Hell. I'll do it. And I have, so far...three sections...each of which challenged me considerably. I left messages by telephone asking for help...three days later...yes, I'll just do this and that, that program is out of date I'll just do this and that and finally I have progressed from writing a novel, spending a huge amount to have it edited by I know not who, a machine perhaps or was it a human being? Anyway IT required to amend the editorial copy by at least 10 points. This meant I have to wait another ten days before it will be OK to go on. At least I have been able to give the cover requirements and the PR information to the system...after causing the organisation to update their out of date programs and 8 hours later Iwas able to commence the Easter break with fingers worn to the bone and swollen legs the size equal to a flight to and from America. I am not happy!! But I refuse to stop trying. Will it all have a happy ending? Keep reading this Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment