Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wild thoughts of morning

Thought I would add a picture this morning but it should have been printed in the dashboard section. When I woke up at 5.30am I recalled last night's program on the ABC where Alain de Botton was interviewed. He spoke about how at this hour of the morning one was more likely to release the wilder ideas in our mind... the ones which normally crowd our mind 12hrs before and force us to be conservative do not exist at this hour of the day. I am still waiting for my wild side...where are you wild thoughts? I am waiting. All I can say is that he is right...the silence of the world, my street, my house, is overwhelming. And that has nothing to do with my partial deafness...or my tinnitus. I find this early hour more than pleasureable, delightful and love stealing these hours from the other, any other, beings of this universe. I do do this often...wake up at 4am and creep throughout the house, peer out of windows at the dense blackness enveloping our little box and feeling the freedom silence brings. But then as my eyes return to the internals of my house I can't help but count the number of LEDs blinking at me. They disappoint me. I want to rush around and flick switches...dispel the intruders and let me enjoy the bleak blackness of morning...let the wild thoughts in...but then I recall...I had been in a different time frame this last week. In Queensland where I had been visiting it would be 6am normal rising time. I made a mental note. My mental wild time must be 2am...I am in the wrong place. No wonder I sit on my own with my tinnitus.

No comments:

Post a Comment