Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fond memories

I almost gave up and there must be an easier way to Blogg....anyway I am here. And today I want to remember Gallipoli and all the young lives lost....I should say all the lives lost. But when you see the photograph of our young friend in contemplation at Anzac Cove late last year you will understand why I focussed on the youth of the lives lost. He confided to me that should he ever join the forces he would join the artillery. For the time being his ambition is to be a top chef and let us hope that he will be successful.
I thought the last image taken at the Turkey memorial for the fallen was tastefully representative of the entire way in which Turkey paid its respects to the conflict. But nothing beat the ceremony some people were lucky enough to be in on April 25th 2012. Lest We Forget indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment