Monday, April 9, 2012

Packaging for the beginner.

Here I am again having survived Easter. And to celebrate on the Sunday I rescued my splayed Turkey from the freezer. It, lying about in some soya sauce and pineapple mix had been abandoned there since Xmas day...and was it ready for its liberation. It defrosted in the bottom of my fridge as if it had the mind to please, as it should have, and on Easter Sunday, it was free, thanks to my deft handedness using the kitchen scissors. I was rewarded with admiration for my kitchen skills. My guests loved every mouthful. So, three months in a freezer can be recommended for a Turkey, a splayed beast from Mondos. For those who don't know Mondos: the butcher in Perth who sells everything from continental meats to the all Australian barbeque sausage. But my luck had all been used up by Monday when, after a hectic two hours of exercise, I decided my reward should be a CD of Midnight in Paris to sleep by. Oh how I looked forward to a nice dose of writers and philosophers, not so much so, the American family. I read the advertising...I could win two days in Paris for two? Let me at it. I ripped the plastic off and pressed the green part of the plastic (there is a red and a green spot) shell but nothing was going to shift the security lock. No knife proved sharp enough to break into this .....what?....this....wonderful....and I had paid $20.00 at Woolworths. Yes, said the little voice, but that was in Surfers' Paradise, Queensland. There they can't spell Beer so they have to display it with four XXXXs and they vote the Labor party into oblivion because they think the natural disasters (floods, cyclones, incessant rains etc.) had been caused by the government of the day. Forget the politics. I'll take it all back if only....Anyone with any experience in opening these plastic whatnots? I don't want us sandgropers to get the reputation that we can't even open a CD case. Help.

1 comment:

  1. Or a DVD case as the case may be. Ha. Can't use an exclamation mark as Google doesn't have it in its box of tools. But, you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete