Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Another Big Day

The last words I heard were "having another Big day?'  Was he being scarcastic, feeling sorry for me or just jealous because his desk at the office was waiting and he knew it. He couldn't do what he wanted, when he wanted and with whom he wanted. But why did he appear to be sorry for me? I took the bait. Me? Oh yes, I'm having two photo books delivered and then I'm off to the hairdresser, do some shopping and maybe buy something to wear for my Sydney trip next month. I noticed he didn't wait for me to finish. He only managed to throw one word at me as he disappeared into his car, 'two?' I didn't tell him about the third, the 100 pages in an extra large landscape book, my impressions of Turkey, the second of Turkey and volume three will be the end of Turkey. But then, there are the books waiting in the wings and much overdue, the Antarctic trip, Brazil and Argentina, Equador and Galapagos islands. I can't even imagine doing our return visit to Italy last year but Milano and Venice are begging for my attention. And then there is family to recall in Bavaria and Switzerland. That is not to mention my Novel..."Baggage'...soon to be published. Did I say soon? I must be dreaming. It is true I have designed the cover, completed the editing, agreed or not agreed to the page design (done for me) and written the press release and author story so we are just about ready for the "mock" printing and book sending to me for approval. Oh, the type setting won't be done till Monday but then...then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment