Monday, May 14, 2012

Good news week

We are swamped with good news. I am wearing a new hat...my defacto step grandmother hat. I have a beautiful defacto step grandaughter born in Sydney last week. Hence I haven't had time to blog but am catching up now. Mother and baby are well and at home getting on with the new life they have created for them selves and others. And now, we are waiting patiently for the next defacto step grandchild to arrive...this time in Zurich, Switzerland. It should be any moment now and we are waiting....waiting....comeon Johanna...push. Will it be a boy or a girl? Come on girl...push!
But waiting is not new for us ladies...waiting to be invited out (that's showing my age) waiting to be rung up (again my age shows) waiting to be asked to marry him (my age again?) waiting for him to come home, to remember our wedding anniversary, birthday etc.etc.etc. And...why do we do it to ourselves? Because at most times we lack the control to do otherwise. As I write I am waiting for the mock printing of my books, this Friday for 'Baggage' and next Friday for 'Kin Deep'...oh how I wish the time would fly...I suppose Johanna and I have that in common at the moment.
 But it has not all been good news...I have not been selected for the 'free' website offered by the publisher...oh well...I'll keep waiting...this time, for my creative juices to flow...my next book...what will I write about next?

No comments:

Post a Comment