Thursday, July 19, 2012

Schoolhols

This is my second attempt at writing this...I hope it will let me publish! So what a great idea these images show. This should be available everywhere, shopping centres, dentists' and doctors' surgeries etc..All to help keep the younger members of our society amused. As you can read, it was earlier in the year at Ftizgerald street Highgate festival that I was able to take these pictures.
But instead, these school holidays, I amused the grand children (not mine) with a walk beside the river in the glorious weather...a playground stop here and there, exercise stations tried with much gusto, a visit to the bird sanctuary at Bayswater...who mentioned turtles in the mud? No birds but a few ducks and their offspring.
Lunch at the Peninsula Tea rooms at Tranby House surrounds and promises of future canooing trips around the 25 hectare island at Ascot waters...when the water is warmer saw us at the top end of our riverside walk where we were reminded of our Aboriginal Heritage (Noongar) with sculptures of an Aboriginal family.
I learnt lots at lunch...mostly to take criticism. My friend who had been wading through my novel and who had done some editing in the past came out with the question "didn't you have it edited?" Did I what? Only $2000.00 worth. Actually when I mentioned the lack of editing to the publishers they admitted that they had a little problem with their editors in the past. A little problem? But not big enough to not take my money. So when offered to take the non-editing package for my Memoir "Kin Deep"ISBN 978-1-742842-48-6" I accepted. There was nothing to lose except to save $2000.00. So self publishing is a rocky road...even having your friends read your book "Baggage" ISBN978-1-742842-19-6...with invited criticisms solid enough to cause you consternation...for a few minutes at least... until you hear that others have ordered the hard copies on the internet...the e-books available at the end of July/early August on Amazon etc..


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment