Monday, July 23, 2012

Yagen and Friends

 This lateral view I found the most acceptable. The frontal portrait just wasn't what I expected...it must have been the cold weather...what it really showed to me was that we are not used to complete male statues in Australia. We sort of expect them with all and sundry in Europe but in Australia, in the 'nanny' State we are protected from full frontals....usually.
Yes we finally made it to Herisson Island after living in this city since 1973. We must thank the aborigines and their camping habits to make us curious enough to spend an hour searching for signs of their camps...or, was it the impending creation of Betty's Pier?
On the whole it was an uneventfull hours walk around, eyes open and lenses pointing in case, just in case, we saw the resident kangaroos... the signs at the gates had given us warnings. Do not feed the kangaroos!!! Of course we wouldn't but a short snap of one or another if it were possible....if it were possible... perhaps, the options came to us, they haven't been fed in the past but used as evening roasts on the B/B/Q by the local community.
So it was the bird life resting beside the river which challenged us.
Of course as you read this you realise that this report is exactly why Google has not included my Blog in their survey of the most interesting. The other thing it has made me realise that I am much too straight with my diatribe and not nearly as ridiculous as some. This habit of writing inane comments made me leave 'Facebook'...thinking in my delusional way that Bloggers would be far more mature in their thinking and representation. I was wrong!!!
So here I am with my birdlife...shots which I am quite happy about as I left my best Canon at home and took my G10 for a run using the 2.2 magnification.







 Drying in nature...oblivious to intruding lenses.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment