Sunday, March 23, 2014

Annual sculpture offers...by the river and by the ocean.

Yes it was that time of the year again and to miss the events would have been unfair...to all. Even if I had dropped my new Canon camera 6D from the car seat onto the footpath. Oh what it is to age!!
 Somehow the nonexistant 'recession' I think showed in the reduced exhibition numbers and ideas presented. This I thought evident in both sites...the sculptures at Cottesloe on the beach and the green and also the next day...the Melville River Walk. However I did try and make some of the exhibited items my own by adding my own touch. This is the only way one can use these creations in photographic competitions. One image I couldn't resist at Melville Walk even if the last judge at our club had refused to judge an image representing a spider. Apparently the judge suffered from 'spiderphobia' hence she couldn't include the photograph in her judgement. Too bad for the author!! He was not impressed. And, why not? Because it looked a sure winner to me and to be excluded seemed hardly fair.
This one reminded me of the rainbow serpent...stolen Aboriginal terminology. But looks much better if pressed to enlarge (as all photos can be in this Blog).

This one above 'more beach rubbish'. At least the water was clean!

These little dogs at Cottesloe should have been at the dog beach...but they had special permission to be at the exhibition.


Above left, you might wonder how I took that one...never mind...'I can't live without you'...or with you it seems!
Immediately above 'PeekaBoo' was my cute effort from the Melville walk...an exhibition item the children should not have been climbing on! All a bit Fishy!

Then comes life in the raw at Cottesloe...'You're already dead' the friend or relative in pink moving away and leaving the sculpted figure to its own devices... and...
on my left also at Cottesloe a man bewildered with what he found...'Now what?'


 Lucky for my 'judge' friend I couldn't access my graphic spider web taken on the Melville Walk. But I will one day!

1 comment:

  1. Your 'Words and Pictues' would make a very decent coffee table book.

    ReplyDelete