Thursday, March 27, 2014

My new Year's RESOLUTION....

YES and it is working well that's why I won't tell you about my 5 visits to the Apple Store at Garden City. Five you ask? Only 5? Yes ! Three to be fobbed off (can I help it if I look like a retiree who has nothing but thumbs on each hand and, and, a brain full of mash, mush?).  And, one visit to be listened to and promised a replacement of the brilliant item in question. Yeah! I told them I'd been a technologist working with Gamma cameras and X-ray machines all my working life and thus knew electrical interference when I saw it!!! And it only took 4 interviews and one three hour wait for an appointment and a half hour wait for the appointed expert. Now, that is service!! Or what is it? So all you young ones, don't ever get old...or get older...stay exactly the age you are now.
So after waiting for 3 days for my replacement of the item,
I jubilantly showed up again waited patiently and left having completed all necessary forms. Fool!! You should not have taken everything said and done to be true. When I reached home, the devil's own machine wouldn't let me access my library nor any book. So I spent another morning at Apple...the floor manager, very friendly and polite tried to be the cure all but failed...then another bod...not directly involved...came over to offer assistance...again a complete mystery faced him...he'd never seen anything like it...so all I could do was choose the expert I knew would know to help ( after all he stood over six feet tall, had dark hair, a big smile and a voice to command all (well all the females in the room anyway) and of course he knew...delete the apps and start the download again!!!
So I learnt one or two things that final morning...you are only as old as you feel and ...never give up!! There will always be one hiding somewhere who will be willing...to help that is!!! What did you think I meant? Well, maybe! At least I wasn't invisible...not that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment