Monday, March 3, 2014

What If and so what!

I'm chuffed that so many people liked my 'home' photographs. The more I thought about it the more I realised that 'HOME' is just that...home is where the heart is...and what courage it takes to change the place one has called 'HOME' for many years. I'm thinking of my neighbour (EX) now. She and her family have left a huge vacuum in place where her growing family used to be. And I see photos of her eldest son in a dinner suit...he was only 2 yrs old when we first moved in next door??!! You make me feel so Old!!! And it seems our new neighbours just can't bring themselves to move in and start the new cycle. Oh well I am patient...or can be...or must be! The average Australian moves house every 4 years...I always knew I wasn't average...and this proves it...we've been here 14yrs. this month exactly and certainly don't look like moving. We have holidays instead...and plenty of them...the more the merrier...while we can still pant up those hills...or walk the miles on the flats...or climb the volcanoes...oh no not more volcanoes...please!!!




 Years ago I left the big smoke to come to this isolated city...so they told me...Sydney-siders never considered then that there could be another city on the other side of Australia worth visiting let alone living there. But the 'isolation' hasn't worried me in the least!! And it is very much a thing of the past.


Equador offered us Giant Turtles and not
so large tortoises.


  Of course we could have carried our homes on our backs like these creatures...thank God we didn't have to...instead we have been able to roam the world to see how others live at 'home'.

Grass Islands in Peru where the only transport is by grass canoe to the mainland. But through a hole and netting we watched as our lunch was claimed from the waters below...fresh trout!






Or, wonderful Switzerland with Swiss mountain retreats and Mediaeval castles.



 Or even Turkey...where home is home but don't be fooled...Istanbul has much history, homes of all kinds and styles. Don't forget to click on to enlarge the photos!












No comments:

Post a Comment