Sunday, June 10, 2012

With all due respect

What a turn around! Here I am in my old age and knocking on the door of oblivion and I find that I am capable of completely changing the views I have held for years. Yes, I have spent a lifetime avoiding going to funerals. That is until I saw a snippet of Robin Gibbs' farewell on the news. Never have I seen such an elegant farewell dripping with appreciation of a life lived. It was in my opinion the most tasteful farewell anyone could imaging. The marvellous black horses and the coffin carriage, indeed was fitting for a KING! What a crying shame Robin wasn't around to appreciate it all. I certainly did and wish that it would be screened again sometime...call me sick but what about U-TUBE? Come on Barry. You and yours have outdone any Royal procession I have ever seen....talk about service to the community...he was only sixty-two and hailed from good old Australia...that is, he learnt it all here and then moved off-shore.
Now back to us poor earth-lings...my walls are being lined by paperbacks (30) of my Novel 'Baggage' to be followed by (20) hard copies. And then of course come the same number of my Memoir 'KIN Deep'.
All I need to do is hold a book launch! That should be easy! Oh yeah? The scary thing is...I've been scribbling notes for my new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment