Friday, January 17, 2014

I can't believe it #2!

And here I was in my previous blog wishing my Publisher a happy New Year without me. And I actually apologised about my cutting remarks (breaking my New Year's Resolution not to slate anyone) in the following post. Then comes the e-mail written by a completely different person with polite gestures etc. someone not known to me before this and tells me that my publishing contracts allow for my book presentation to be at the BEA (American Expo) in 2014. That is good news isn't it? Well yes, only one snag...only one of your two books can be presented. So here we go again...up one minute down the next...and actually you will find that very little will happen anyway. If...If...If something does then I'll eat my words!! I promise!!
There is no possibility of my memoir which by the way deals with Germany, WWII etc. to be presented at the Frankfurt Book Fair. Well, one can't have everything.
So perhaps 'Baggage'  ISBN 978-1-742842-56-1 will get a run in America but 'Kin Deep and the Inability To Mourn' ISBN 978-1-742842-48-6 will have to wait for my planned reprint including photos, the translation into German and my use of the real names of my sisters (yes they didn't want to be identified and I obliged). How nice am I? But the times have changed and if I had been one of those sisters and I had behaved the way they chose to behave then I wouldn't have wanted to be identified either.
So have a Happy New Year everyone...its a whole 12 months you know, the year that is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment