Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I can't believe it!!!

Write again!! Or should I write...RIGHT Again!
I wanted to hide since I published  my books in 2012. And my publisher has been harassing me ever since.
Why hadn't I been running around like a lost shoe salesman vying for attention from the world. Didn't everyone know that my books were worthy of worldwide attention? Get the sales roaring!! We want action my publisher said. What? You want me to organise sales up to and over 1000 so that Amazon would  pull their finger out and put my books on the best seller list...like our keen and 'adorable' Mr Saatchi had done by allowing his housekeepers to buy any amount of books on his bottomless credit cards. Or I should arrange for a reduced price (so that I would make 70% per sale rather than 30%) or even offer the books for free so that word of mouth would set printing presses running?
WRONG!!!
I may be a vanity publisher but I suspect all for the RIGHT Reasons.
Read what Lionel Shriver (author of 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' and 'Big Brother') says about her success.
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO WRITE, THE LAST THING YOU WANT IS A SUCCESS!
I do not want to be locked in...I want to be able to choose what I do with my time and with whom I spend my creative hours. I certainly don't want sycophants living off my efforts. Got it now Mr Publisher? So you can stop sending me your sickening e-mails. I am too smart for most of them...so have a Happy New Year without me.

 No I don't have a screw or two lose like these I found
on the beach at Cottesloe. Photography is my
second interest.





However the Pemberton bush I can recommend for
rest and recreation. Here Peace abounds away from
harassing e-mails!!!
But books, reading and writing will never fail to interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment