Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A little bit of travel writing!

And why not? I seem to have taken Dale Neill's advice stated in his 'Boring Photographs" Blog. The only difference is that I went on my journeys before I was able to read his screed about finding new surroundings which might stimulate the senses in a totally new and different way. I had even gone one step further and bought myself a new camera, the Canon 6D, which for an old fogy like myself, is much lighter and best of all is a total frame camera (this means it takes photos equivalent to a 35mm film camera) and takes beautiful low light images. I have also noticed, for a dedicated non user of my new tripod, that this camera offers high ISO settings totally devoid of noise in the picture. What more could a tripod phobic want?
Remember these images might appear small but they can be enlarged by simply clicking on them. It seems my Google system is getting a headache so I'll have to stop trying to upload more pictures and let the system go to bed. Anyway you can see why Siestri Levante is very much my top spot for a holiday in my mind. Lots of walks up rugged terrain with breathtaking views. We thought we were doing pretty well for our age until we stopped to make ourselves understood in Italian to a couple who looked half our age...they were 85yrs young...and used to these weekend escapades. So we decided the longevity Mediterranean folks had more to do with their level of exercise than their diet. But since then I have read that the latest research suggests that people who eat more carbohydrates and less protein tend to live longer...so all that pasta and tomato sauce plus exercise might be the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment