Thursday, May 15, 2014

Eye Openers!

Strange how themes enter the mind when trying to reduce the number of photos in one's library. Why the need to cut numbers you might ask? Well I am waiting to have an external backup delivered and...the longer I wait the more guilty I feel about having all these photos many of which I have never bothered to enter in competitions or put into books.
But see what you think? These are all amazing pictures I enjoyed taking and ones which make me laugh to think of the places where I found them.
Oh My GOD! Yes I don't know where he or she was at the time but this person's thoughts seemed dire.
 Thanks? to Picasso, an ART/Gallery/museum in ARLES France had been established to not only show his own extensive art works but also those of many other artists.
These two happen to be of a film directed at a wall. The line down the
center of the face continues down the whole chest and body and like a surgeon's knife cuts open the hairy chest wall. Do I need to go further?

However I do know for a fact that modern day surgery would have
shaved all the hairy bits off the chest before....oh well that is ART is it not?
Closer to my working experience and it was anatomy which brought me to be working 43 years in para-medical circles I discovered the Museum of Natural Physiology in Florence. This detailed image of what was thought at the time were the mechanics or the circulation of the head caught my eye.
Should I move on to the 
modern idea of a good diet? This I found at the open market stall in Fisioli, Florence...a 20 min bus ride into the mountains. It turned my stomach! No not the bus ride! This realty plus sitting there on the table and people actually having slices of it wrapped for their lunch. I recommend the movie MEAT at this stage for anyone to consider becoming a vegetarian.
Still on circulation or is it someone's idea of a joke, this chair I found in Arles in Picasso's museum as well.
Don't forget to click on the image to enlarge. And, these marvellous pieces of ceramics I found in Florence. you can make up your own mind whether these are examples of water jugs or candle holders or....?
The boys I couldn't resist photographing...they had a great relationship...whether brothers or cousins...I never found out. We were all more interested in other things besides the human half statue of a head. I did take several shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment