Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Never thought I'd ever write this!

Going back over my travel photos I feel rather successful...I have made friends with a Catholic priest...Father Joseph! Now anyone might say on reading this that that event may not be so unexpected with a surname like mine. I think that might have been it...he probably thought I was more than likely one of the FLOCK. But no! My religious history is far more than that (read my published memoir...Kin deep and the Inability to Mourn). However Father Joseph presided over a beautiful C17 church at Siestri Levante in Italy. And that interest in churches of early centuries brought me to the steps of the church full of admiration.
What really impressed me about this man was that he was not only a member of a teaching Order but that he had comitted his life to wearing sandals and no socks no matter what the season. Amazing!! The photos show that summer had reached Italy...it was certainly sunny and warm in the sunshine but what does the poor man do in the winter? No point knitting him some socks! So I am posting him my photos of the beautiful precinct in which he lives. After all, I did make a promise...in my broken Italien!



No comments:

Post a Comment