Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Nothing like cold weather to remind me!

It was only two years ago when we decided 'home' was too lonely to spend Christmas at home...the children had left for all corners of the world and even the dog had died. So where to....? Of course Antarctica! Why not? So I suffer from sea sickness so what...! And the sea voyage between the tip of South America and the Antarctic Peninsular is supposed to be the roughest experience for anyone. So...but nothing would put me off.
Then again arriving at Grytviken, the old Whaling Station, 1904-1964 still looked inviting. After all it was history and there had been an extensive environmental clean-up at 2003-5...some buildings had been removed in the process. But what about the rest? Are we due for another clean-up...sooner rather than later I asked myself as did some of the animals:


Is it clean-up day?
What about this lot?






It would be good for the little ones!



 Not if I have anything to do with it. Let me sleep
in peace!










I'll help...where...what...Oh that? That's a bit BIG!






 










That'll never fit in one of those plastic bags! But wait here comes help!
It is that time of the year!

1 comment:

  1. How about that pile of chains?!
    Has the world any secrets left for you to unearth? Great travelling, Connie Mac.

    ReplyDelete