Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Foolish or sharing?

Yes I've always been a sucker to good salesman ship. I recall the day at the local shops where I passed a stall waving my hand at the salesman letting him know that I am in much too much a hurry to be stopped. But then I had another look...a quick look...the young man didn't appear to be too bad on the eyes. Was this sexist in my estimation? Or was I just expressing what I had considered often in my younger days? So why stop doing what I had always done. This chap looked interesting...and he wanted to talk. I kidded myself and decided that he was stopping me because I looked interesting. And this was understandable....or was it? Anyway it was  a few weeks before Christmas and a time to show friendliness.
His spiel started at the Red Sea as he opened a jar of face cream and intimated to me to take a seat. Wow what were all those specks in the cream? Oh they were for cleansing the face and so on...and what's more directly from the Red Sea or was it the Dead Sea? Whatever, he did appear charming and before I knew it I had done all my Christmas shopping at the one-stop stall. So I was handed a rather large shopping bag, mauve and gleaming, in appreciation. Big enough I might add to carry all I had bought. But I still haven't used or given away as gifts half what I thought I would use. Pampering the feet has never been an interest of mine...the face?...the upper body?...Yes but the feet? Well I could start ...or rather I would start...now that I am retired and have sooo much time. ..... I do?

Anyhow to cut a long story short imagine me and my anti-salesman skills in Petra. Oh I had planned ahead. I would not depend on my partner's OK on the purchase of anything. No, of course not! I would bring my own cash...American dollars and Australian should the need be. But I'm sure I would come home with most of it...it was a case of...just in case!
So it was our Archaeologist's fault...well almost. If he hadn't decided we needed to stop for some light tea next to his friend's stall well then...well then...I wouldn't have been separated with my American dollars. But look at it this way...their economy needed my boost .... and I've always bought one item wherever my travels took me ... AND ... I've always loved jewellery!! (Both spellings of jewelery is acceptable) so there Google!


Foolish? Perhaps! But what a great way to recall my visit to Petra!

2 comments:

  1. B............... gorgeous, I am glad you let the moths out of your pockets.... ha !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun blog entry, and a delightful purchase. Perhaps a greater pleasure than that brief moment spent with the attractive man who found you just SO interesting and pushing Dead/Red Sea beauty. (I prefer JEWELRY spelling).

    ReplyDelete