Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Remembering those fallen!

I decided to sneak in this column not because I want to interrupt the 'In The Negative' Blogs but because if I don't hurry the remembrance 100reds year of 1914 (2015) will be over. I apologise


Anzac Cove

The wall of Remembrance on which our friend above did just that... remembered and...wondered about the ages of the men lost...What would he have done?



for not commenting on this earlier but I was travelling overseas at the time. And I must say I agree with Dale Neall's statement in his Blog that 'if you like your passport photo you are too sick to travel'. I have never liked my passport photo so I am a genuine traveller even if the
photos I now bring you were taken some years ago on a tour led by Dale.






 And the tragedy experienced by the Turkish population did also not go unnoticed by the visiting tourists. Even if the last remaining man of that conflict remembered in a sculpture and having died since stands proud...a sign of the youth of the future looking up in appreciation of the efforts and sacrifices made.






It is way beyond time it appears to think of all those young souls lost. Young people's lives wasted too soon. This comes at a time when the weekend newspapers or was it in a magazine where I read that a consideration series of 'THE WESTERN FRONT... the only time Australia made an actual difference to a conflict' was about to be serialised in a 'HISTORY' format. And as far as I know we haven't as yet finished with Gallipoli. So here is my contribution.

1 comment:

  1. A thoughtful set of pictures and commentary, Connie Mac.

    ReplyDelete