Friday, July 10, 2015

Right! This would be or should be the coldest weekend ever in Australia!

But at least we have oxygen. I can only think of our trip to the highest point of the Andes mountain range. It was summer but it was cold...brr..brr... thinking how everyone was clambering for the little bit of sunshine that was available. But...we were warned don't take too long you'll be short of breath even before you finish that 'life-saving' cup of tea.











And looking around us we noticed just how warmly dressed or rugged up the locals were.

Much was for sale...any garment just to warm us up but...it was the hats which caught my eye. When I asked our guide she told me that the shape of each hat showed the region where the individual actually came from. I couldn't resist and bought one in black...this would look good on our hat tree at home I figured.
   Of course I had just enough breath left to buy a few brightly coloured cloths...anything to make a small donation to the local economy. We couldn't fit the Alpacas into the car...a question asked of me by my partner...but instead we bought four on our return to Toodyay WA. And some sheep of course so that the Alpacas would be able to supervise them...keep those great big kangaroos away or just hob-knob over the fence...which they did successfully... unfortunately.












Fancy ancient buildings? No just prepared for what goes in must come out! Yes toilets...long drop or chemical? I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment