Sunday, November 24, 2013

A bit of Engineering History In Yarloop WA.

I should include that there is quite a bit of Timber history as well. especially in the 1930's when the timber industry was in full swing. Steam engines and drilling equipment filled the huge sheds and fronted the railway lines with platforms where products could be loaded straight onto the steam trains. A very interesting site we decided and well worth a second visit for a photographer who didn't use the tripod once and was as usual too lazy. But, I did change my wide angle lens to give my fish-eye lens an outing. And, while I loved the experience I do need a lot more opportunities to perfect the method. We plan to return.
The volunteer (not the monkey) offered us tea or coffee and biscuits while we waited for the rest of the club members.






I spied miniature replicas of various buildings on the site as well as small metal reproductions.

 I don't usually include ads in my writing but found these plaques on the walls quite interesting, colorful and historically significant.
You'll notice that there is no warning of possible side effects from the use of cigarettes on this packet.



Someone left their job in a hurry, it looks like, but they managed to arrange some of their tools in case of visitors. How did they know? Ha!




I was sure it would be a BOYS' day out! But I soon changed my mind when my focus brought me down onto my knees capturing amazing historical evidence of what has been.
There were even old dusty newspapers published fairly recently (in the seventies) which had me wondering where on earth I was at that time.


 Rooms and rooms and more rooms filled with all sorts of engineering implements met my eye. Where would it stop? We spent a good three hours wandering around and taking photographs.
These windows even though they allowed some  creativity or imagination to take over reminded me that I have windows in similar condition at home.




I must clean them...before Christmas!
Don't forget to click on the photos for enlargement!

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to add: the monkey at our house does!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comment such as this from one of WACC's most successful photographers (National Portrait comp. and Subiaco Open comps) I find truly generous. Thanks Richard.

    ReplyDelete