Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Never to be Forgotten....Guitar!

No I'm not going to write about guitars...well yes just a little!
The previous Blog entry mentioned John Wheeler and his fab performance on guitar...last weekend. I now know why this guitar sounded so clear and fantastic. It is a unique model based on in parts on the guitars used by the famous Hank Marvin ( now a resident of Western Australia). Yes it is Hank Marvin of the 'Shadows' fame. Oh what memories this knowledge brings! I recall dancing to this fabulous music at my first party ever and have never forgotten the Shadows.
Another Guitar I will never forget even though it has traveled all over AUSTRALIA with me is my simple country style instrument given to me by a much loved person in my life at the time. I am finally parting with it and sending it to the USA to be in the life of my grandson. This guitar was owned by his grandfather who would be jubilant to know that his grandson was now enjoying it.
Yes, his grandfather was a surgeon in training who was idealistic enough to believe all the pharmaceutical companies represented in the seventies. No, don't worry these tablets are not addictive! You'll never become dependent on these. Oh, No! They won't cause you to develop delusions or psychiatric illnesses. No, never! You'll feel great with these!
So, where does that experience leave us with the present quandry about using STATINS to solve our potential heart problems? I know what I believe.
My husband died at age 36...two weeks before his 37th birthday and it wasn't a heart attack that killed him but addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment