Saturday, November 9, 2013

from D'Arcy to Napoleon!

Not a bad jump! But are you interested? I am as I've just written my will. But would anyone be keen enough to pay $170,000.00 for a genuine copy? I don't think so. But we do have one thing in common...cremation!
His ashes to be distributed in the Seine seeing he loved the French people so much and mine? Anywhere there is water. I did go all the way to Germany to do that for my mother. She created quite a storm as if the Alpine lake (See) knew that she had abandoned Den Kochel See in order to live in Australia. But on my return I discovered a container I had forgotten on top of my wardrobe...only a small one...but a most important one for my mother...the ashes of her Siamese cat...oh dear!
What ever happened to Napoleon's cat?
Whatever happened to his original letter? The one he had written in his illegible handwriting on April 16,1821, 19 days before his death. 'I told you I was feeling unwell!' as Spike Milligan said, with an order to mark his tombstone thus.
Napoleon's original is in France's National Archives. His ashes not scattered in the Seine River but transferred to Paris' Invalides Monument some two decades after his death in 1840. RIP.  

No comments:

Post a Comment