Wednesday, November 27, 2013

To Holger...whose beard is grey and long as are his memories!

Yes a few more for you and anyone else who professes to know about these things. I appreciate the history and the roles the machines played but other than that.....not much. Although I did live in this State in the 70's...from 73 on! Anyway where else could I show these photos and have them appreciated?





 Teeth extractors?

Thank God Dentistry has taken a different turn!
Only joking of course! I do know what these presses were used for...they were.....um.....not for publication!

Did you see in the last Post there was a wag who preferred 'the largest virgin' rather than Rothmans Cigarettes?






And here comes the interesting part...if you are that way inclined...and my friend Holger knows what he is looking at.
 I know...a Giant Cigarette rolling machine. No?
I am being flippant this morning. You know that a great writer named W. Somerset Maugham in his memoirs wrote, 'in my twenties the critics said I was brutal, in my thirties they said I was flippant, in my forties they said I was cynical and in my fifties they said I was competent and then in my sixties they said I was superficial....' I can identify with that but as Frank Sinatra said...'I did it my way!!'




So in a round-a-bout way ...no offending comments will be accepted!!
I hope these fish-eye views will mean something to someone. Of course you know that I am drawing this Post out because I should be writing my latest Novel ....should be! But in the name of past friendships (Holger) I couldn't resist sharing these images.

So back to Creativity!!! The view from my window
Is Rosy!!! Except that it isn't a real window! It is a reflection of a window across the room and onto a book shelf. This is shown in the Library complex.
Would it qualify for entrance in the altered reality/competition in 2014? I'll try it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment