Thursday, September 20, 2012

More memories!

 Who wouldn't offer the little girl in the front of the picture a new start in life? Yes that is me at the age of..3 or 4...Cornelia MacErlean...the cutest little girl then but now...?
I am risking posting these photographs because I know that my sisters didn't want me to publish photographs...they didn't want to be identified.
BUT if I can believe Stephen Fry according to his readings some smart person has suggested that all memoirs are opportunities for retribution or in other words, getting your own back! Or sometimes as is mentioned in my memoir, KIN DEEP and the inability to mourn, sometimes sentimentality can be mistaken for anger when it concerns someone you love. All true, I think now on reflection. It amazes me how writing can teach the writer alot about themselves. This I found having re-read my book Baggage. I thought I was writing a novel about strangers and their experiences but in fact there were lessons in the story meant for me. Amazing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment