Wednesday, September 26, 2012

National Competition at the Showgrounds 2012

 Yes "Changing Weather" finally got what it deserved: acceptance in the Open Colour section of the National Photographic Competition. This photograph was taken in central Hawaii and the amazing weather changes made me stop the car to snap what I could. In competitions before it had been discounted with 'unnatural colour' or and too much photoshop etc. when in actual fact I am one of the old fashioned photographers who doesn't even own a photoshop program. So There!
In the larger version one can spy the world's telescopes (at least 5 countries) sitting on the top of the mountain behind. An intersting turn of events saw us on top of that mountain the next night surrounded with snow and wearing clothing capable to protect us from the minus temperatures. I know I was too cold to try the manual telescope pointing at the night sky. AMAZING! Oh and the National  Comp.? yes I had seven photos accepted but not one winning a prize. The standard of photography is just stunning. Well worth a look.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment