Tuesday, September 18, 2012

PHOTOS I should have included in my memoir!


The top left hand corner shows my mother at 21years of age. It is a page of her driver's licence. You will notice the Nazi stamp of approval.


My mother's adopted parents on their wedding day below...rather my mother the adopted child of the Baron and Baroness of Ziegesar ...the black sheep...as the story unfolds.











The Baron is wearing the uniform of an officer in the Prussian army...hence the headware!
And in the photo below, my great grandparents pose with my mother's stepmother before her marriage to the Baron.
Everyone is looking a little grim but those were the days where smiling into the camera was not the thing to do. Besides my grandfather had failed to return from the war, he had been shot down by the French, so everyone had reason to wonder about the future.
My mother's little black and white dog refused to look at the camera too...perhaps it was his time to be fed?...Who knows? This will not be revealed in my memoir. But I do regret not to have included these photos in my book "KIN DEEP and the inability to mourn" by Cornelia MacErlean.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment