Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Patience is a virtue!

And I have been regularly testing myself with photography. But I am trying...and trying...and some would say very trying. In this case I would suspect the opinion of my publisher. I have been waiting months now to receive all the hard copies promised of my books so that our relationship could be concluded. Or, in more successful terms, I could start my book launching get togethers. But instead of receiving hard copies I am being bombarded with selling ideas, pamphlets and further contracts for future books to be published. How stupid do these people think I am? They are offering a contract of $11,000.00...what for? So that I can continue to make them richer with my writing skills? After all who spent hours and days infront of the computer to put the stories together? And who spent loads of money to see the printed effort just so that I would make $5.00 every time a bookstore in Australia asks for one of my books? I don't think so! US bookstores ($2.96); UK $1.48; Bookpal $12.15 at least the publisher's price is coming somewhat to reason. But not enough for this writer to be tempted to repeat this publishing road experience. Perhaps photography should be my no. one hobby! ON! ON! Can't wait to see if any of my photographs have been accepted for the National Photographic competition at the Show In Perth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment